Saturday, September 5, 2009

Book!

I'm making an attempt to write more about more about my life rather than current events. I mean, my values and beliefs make themselves known through the selection of news and current events I write on.

I was somewhat inspired by the 15 books facebook survey, where you write down 15 books you like. Though I haven't done this survey, one of mine is probably. Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go, which I read several years back.

I've been waiting for a long time, literally 3 years, for Kazuo Ishiguro to write a new book. I read Since I read Never Let Me Go, I've been checking around online to see if he has any new projects in the works. I was pleasantly surprised that Amazon listed a new book to be published in the US on September 22: Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall. According to the publisher, this is a volume of five linked stories about musicians in Venice. Linked stories. Music. Night. Italy. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a book, including the Harry Potters.

No comments: